Residential College (RC) Fee (AY2020/2021)
RC Fees are paid in two installments, one in the summer, and the other in December.
The RC Fee for local and non-local students in AY2020/2021 is as below.
Local students Non-local students
- Local student refers to holder of valid Macao SAR I.D. card.
- Room type is double occupancy for two semesters.
- The above RC Fee covers residential college facilities, activities, high table dinner, workshops and seminars.
- 15 meals per week will be provided free at the RC dining hall in AY2020/2021.
Residential College Boarding Fee and CMP Scheme from AY2021/2022
From AY2021/2022, RC Fee will be replaced by RC Boarding Fee.
From AY2021/2022, no free meals will be provided in the RCs. The caterer of each RC dining hall will operate like other canteens on campus from which RC students buy meals according to their needs.
For RC communal education purpose, the University will provide a Communal Meal Participation (CMP) scheme of dining subsidy encouraging students to dine at their RCs. One CMP point=MOP 1. Exact amount of CMP subsidy after AY2021/2022 is subject to UM financial situation and may change from time to time.
CMP subsidies for different categories of students in AY2021/2022 are as below:
RC Boarding Fee and CMP subsidy in AY2021/22
Local students Non-Local students
Boarding Fee CMP points Boarding Fee CMP points
CMP system Students admitted in AY2021/2022: First year staying at RC MOP16,070 4,000 MOP16,070 4,000
Students admitted in AY2021/2022: Subsequent years as RC members Subject to annual adjustment 500 (staying at RC or not) Subject to annual adjustment 500 (staying at RC or not)
Transitional CMP system Students admitted before AY2021/22 who continue to stay at RCs in AY2021/2022 and beyond MOP15,300 4,000 MOP25,100 6,000
- RC boarding fee for students admitted in AY2021/2022 (including exchange students and postgraduate students but not applicable to student leaders) will be MOP16,070 in AY2021/2022.
- CMP subsidies are not applicable to incoming exchange students and postgraduate students who are expected to pay for their meals at their own cost.
- For those given a subsidy of 4,000 or 6,000 CMP points in AY2021/2022: a) no more than 200 CMP points can be used per week; b) Use no more than 20 CMP points per meal; c) if less than 100 CMP is used in a week, the balance cannot be carried forward to the next week and becomes unused CMP points. Unused CMP points will be redistributed by the RCs for the promotion of communal dining.
- For those given a subsidy of 500 CMP points after AY2021/2022: a) no more than 50 CMP points can be used per week; b) Use no more than 20 CMP points per meal; c) if less than 10 CMP is used in a week, the balance cannot be carried forward to next week and becomes unused CMP points. Unused CMP points will be redistributed by the RCs for the promotion of communal dining.
RC fee payment refund policy
- Students who withdraw from RC 2 weeks before the residence period starts or earlier can apply for a full refund of the RC fee paid.
- Students who withdraw from RC within 2 weeks before the residence period starts can apply for a refund of 50% of the RC fee paid.
- There will be no refund for students who withdraw from RC after the residence period starts.